21 February 2012

I don't have any pictures to post of my work but had a wonderful class with David Taylor in Canmore.  I will add a picture of the gull I am using as a basis for my quilt.  It is a picture I took in Grand Manan a couple of years ago.  I am thrilled with my gull even though so far he is only pined in place.  I am going to make another head for him as some of the fabrics I used are not folding over nicely.  I am planning on making a head of him as a journal quilt to practice the new techniques I learned.
I did have a go at David Taylor's applique method on a postcard I made for a post card swap I am currently involved in.  I like making postcards as they are a good place to try small samples of new things.  I enjoyes this method of hand applique and was pleased with my efforts.

If you are not familiar with David's work here is a link to his web site. http://www.davidtaylorquilts.com/  Do go and have a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment